Aeronautical engineering is the branch of mechanical engineering that deals with the design and development of aircraft. This can range from the cutting-edge technology of today's modern fighter aircraft, to aircraft designed to carry many hundreds of people thousands of miles around the world in comparative luxury and with extraordinary efficiency.
Why enrol on this programme?
Our Aeronautical Engineering programme is designed in line with international quality standards. It covers the four classical areas of aerospace vehicle design; namely: aerodynamics; structures, propulsion, and flight stability and control.
The programme blends theoretical knowledge with experimental testing and simulation applications, as well as generic soft skills, in order to ensure that our graduates are well prepared for entry-level job positions in their field of specialization, as well as being qualified to pursue graduate studies.
The programme is based on the American model for higher education awards, where a Bachelor degree normally takes a minimum of four years and includes requirements for breadth as well as depth of study. Students will fulfil what are called liberal or general studies requirements for introductory knowledge in several subjects.
The BSc in Aeronautical Engineering programme is accredited by the UAE Ministry of Education - Higher Education Affairs.
Graduates of the BSc in Aeronautical Engineering programme are qualified for entry-level positions in many sectors of the aerospace/aircraft industry, as well as with a number of other engineering organizations, including automobile manufacturers, mechanical construction and oil companies.
Therefore, our graduates may choose to pursue a career in one of the following areas:
- Design and analysis of airframes, engines, satellites and mechanical systems.
- Aircraft maintenance and manufacturing
- Pursuing postgraduate studies (Master and PhD degrees) in several engineering areas that include Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering.
Companies that have employed graduates of the Emirates Aviation University BSc in Aeronautical Engineering programme include:
- Emirates Airlines
- Mubadala Aerospace
- Air Arabia
- Bahrain Defence Force
- Goodrich Aerospace
- AFFAN Innovative Structures
- Hitachi Water Treatment Plant
- Jetsco Engineering & Technical Services LLC
- Saftech Engineering Works LLC.
Universities in which our graduates were accepted/have completed their graduate studies include:
- University of Manchester (UK)
- Concordia University (Canada)
- American University in Dubai
- American University in Sharjah
- Masdar Institute of Science and Technology.