Emirates Aviation University offers the Flight Dispatcher Initial Course (Theory) at the University in Dubai. The course is approved and has been developed in close cooperation with the United Arab Emirates - General Civil Aviation Authority (UAE-GCAA) and it complies with CAR PART II Chapter 6.
The course provides trainees with in-depth knowledge of the duties of a flight dispatcher. In cooperation with the pilot, flight dispatchers furnish a flight plan that enables the aircraft to arrive at its destination on schedule and at the lowest operating cost. Flight dispatchers study a variety of theoretical of subjects including traffic flow, meteorology, weight and balance, fuel, alternate destinations and communications.
As per with CAR PART II Chapter 6, this training is required for candidates who do not have previous flight dispatch experience for the issuance of a flight dispatcher's licence.
Upon successful completion of the course, trainee will be issued a Certificate of Course Completion (passed Oral & Practical exam). To obtain a Certificate of Course Attendance (CoCA), for those who do not require a GCAA licence, a trainee needs to pass the EAU FDIC final exam and attend the full 10 weeks course.
|Course Name||Course Commence||Course Finish||Days||Duration|
|1.FDIC||16-Jun 2019||22-Aug 2019||Sun-Thu||10 weeks|
|2.FDIC||29-Sep 2019||05-Dec 2019||Sun-Thu||10 weeks|
The below subjects cover the entire syllabus:
- Civil Air Law and Regulations & Dangerous Goods
- Aviation Indoctrination
- Air Traffic Management
- Flight Planning and Monitoring
- Human Factors
- Security (emergencies and abnormal situations)
- Minimum age 21
- Very good command of English. As this is a technical course, we recommend a minimum IELTS 6.0.
- Have a good understanding of basic Mathematics and Physics
- High school grade 11 or higher
- No previous experience required but prior knowledge about the course is an advantage
|Inclusive of registration fee, course materials, books, and flight kit||AED 43,500 + 5% VAT (AED 45,675 payable or USD 12,695)*|
Inclusive of registration fee, course materials, books, and flight kit
Additional Examination Fees
- Oral/ Practical Exam Fee: AED 1,220
- Retake-Oral/ Practical Exam Fee: AED 610
- EAU Admin processing fee: AED 315
- All of the above fees are to be paid to the EAU Cashier. For the oral/ practical exams, the receipt must be presented to the examiner upon entry to the exam as proof of payment. The examiner will retain this, so candidates are advised to make a copy for their own records.
- GCAA Licence fee: AED 900 – to be paid on-line in GCAA website after e-licensing application is done. Link will be sent to applicants.