Emirates Aviation University and Coventry University UK are offering you the chance to study towards a part-time MSc in Unmanned Aerospace Systems Design degree. The intended purpose of the programme is to provide personal, professional and vocationally oriented development focused on the engineering and design aspects of unmanned aerospace systems. Furthermore, the aim is also to prepare graduates for employment associated with the operation and manufacture or applications of unmanned systems. The programme is taught on a part-time basis, in five day blocks per module, held every two months. Modules are delivered by a specialist team of academics drawn from EAU’s pool of international visiting faculties flying from across the globe.
Why enrol on this programme?
At the global level, unmanned systems, with a focus on autonomy has been an area of interest both at military and commercial level. In particular, a Mass Transit Air Taxi System being considered in Dubai. Fifty seven operators have to date been given licenses to operate Unmanned Autonomous Systems (UAS) in the UAE and the numbers are set to rise. The UAE armed forces and the police are present amongst the UAS/drone operators. The proposed MSc Unmanned Aerospace Systems Design will help overcome skills shortages and provide an opportunity for existing engineering professionals to get involved in this exciting development area. The unmanned systems industry is experiencing a tremendous growth in all aspects. Demands for Manufacturers, pilots, engineers and designers is at a continue rise. Our MSc will provide graduate engineers with the necessary skills and knowledge to design and develop unmanned systems.
The programme’s general aims are:
- provide a relevant and useful programme, that can meet the needs of the individual, containing both theoretical and practical subjects within the broad areas of UAS Operations, Design, Legislation, Autonomy, Aerodynamics, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Finite Element Analysis, Propulsion, Command and Control, Communications and Unmanned Systems Integration;
- further the students' skills and knowledge acquired through relevant previous study and experience, to enhance their transferable and professional skills and thereby improve their wider employment prospects;
- enable students to further develop their analytical, critical communication and presentation skills in the context of their taught modules;
- familiarise students with contemporary applied and theoretical aspects of the programme’s subject areas to enable them to operate as effective professionals in these areas;
- provide relevant and topical subject content for personal professional development that promotes good practice in the workplace, relating to subjects within the broad domains of programme’s subject areas;
- provide an education consistent with Masters level of the QAA’s Framework for Higher Education Qualifications and provide an excellent education enriched by industry-related learning.
The MSc in Unmanned Aerospace Systems Design is a dual award programme conferred by Emirates Aviation University (EAU) and Coventry University – UK, and recognized by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) in Dubai. The programme is subject to accreditation by the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS), UK.
There is an increasing demand for Unmanned Aircraft Systems to monitor, research and conduct data gathering missions for a wide variety of purposes such as: agriculture, surveying, mining, forestry, ecology, archaeology and virtual reality & gaming. The programme will prepare you for work in specialist companies involved with Unmanned Aircraft Systems Design. There are also many roles in related industries that rely on the technology. Possible destinations include:
- Design, Development, Operations and Management
- Projects/Systems/Structural/Avionics Engineers
Upon the completion of the master’s programme, opportunities also exist to complete a PhD research degree at Emirates Aviation University awarded by Coventry University, UK.
Eighteen months, part time.
Mode of delivery
The programme is delivered on a part-time basis, in five day blocks per module, held every two months. Modules span the weekend to facilitate minimum disruption for participants in full time employment. All classes are delivered at our new campus located in Dubai International Academic City (DIAC).
The course consists of eight modules and a project/thesis.
|Computational Fluid Dynamics|
|Advanced Materials and Processes|
|Computer Aided Engineering with Finite Element Analysis|
|Engineering Analysis and Simulation|
|UAS-Design and optimization|
|UAS-Flight Operations And Air Safety|
For professional advice on entry requirements, please contact EAU Admissions on +971 46050190 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Application Fee*||Registration Fee*||Tuition Fees (AED)|
|N/A||2,625||110,250 full programme|