Obtain a UK degree (from Coventry University - Ranked No. 12 UK University*) at EAU in addition to an EAU locally recognised degree
*Source: The Guardian and the Complete University Guides 2018
The BSc in Software Engineering, is designed for learners who want to become software engineers. The programme introduces a large array of software development skills which are required to compete in an ever expanding software workforce.
The BSc in Software Engineering is ideal for Grade 12 or equivalent high school graduates aged 18 years and above who want an education that helps prepare them for various jobs and careers in the Information Technology industry.
Why enrol on this programme?
The programme is designed in line with international quality standards. It aims to graduate quality software engineers who are equipped with strong theoretical knowledge and practical skills that help them obtain initial positions in their chosen fields; support continued education at the graduate level; and provide a solid foundation for life-long professional growth.
The BSc in Software Engineering programme is accredited by the UAE Ministry of Education - Higher Education Affairs.
Interested students may apply for Coventry University dual award prior to the final year.
Software engineers design and develop software that is involved in almost every facet of today's modern society, including computer gaming, business applications, military applications, telecommunication systems, operating systems, and network control systems.
Computer software engineers apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computer work. Software engineers can be involved in the design and development of many types of software.
- Full-time programme is four years
This programme provides an introduction to a wide range of mathematical techniques. A central theme is the development of capacity for solving practical problems.
Mode of delivery
Full-time, credit-hour system, and semester-based.
A typical four-year study plan
|Year 1||1st Semester||English I|
|Introduction to IT|
|Introduction to Math|
|Programming Fundamentals I/td>|
|2nd Semester||Islamic Culture|
|Cross Culture Studies|
|Programming Fundamentals II|
|Fundamentals of Database Systems|
|Year 2||3rd Semester||Innovation and Entrepreneurship|
|Object – Oriented Programming|
|Advanced Database Systems|
|Advanced Communication Studies|
|4th Semester||Critical Thinking|
|Data Structures and Algorithms|
|Introduction to Software Engineering|
|Web Development Technologies|
|Year 3||5th Semester||Statistics and Empirical Methods|
|Advanced Programming Techniques|
|Software Requirements and Analysis|
|6th Semester||Computer Communications and Networks|
|Software Engineering Approach to Human Computer Interaction|
|Software Quality Assurance and Testing|
|Year 4||7th Semester||Eng Economy|
|Software Project Management|
|Graduation Project I|
|8th Semester||Eng Management|
|Software Design and Architecture|
|Graduation Project II|
|Data Mining and Warehousing|
The above programme of study is for illustrative purposes only and may be subject to change.
- High School Certificate or its equivalent - A recognised and officially certified secondary school certificate or equivalent, with a minimum score of 80% on average, and a minimum score of 80% in Mathematics and Physics. Applications with scores below 80% may be reviewed and the applicant will be subject to an interview.
- British Certificates (IGCSE, GCSE, GCE)
- Five GCSE/IGCSE O-level subjects + 2 GCE AS-level subjects OR
- Five GCSE/IGCSE O-level subjects + 1 GCE A-level subject with a minimum grade ‘D’ in either Maths or Physics.
- Note: The subjects should be in the four streams of Languages, Mathematics, Sciences, and Humanities & Social Studies. With a minimum of grade “B” in both Math and Physics and minimum grade “C” in the rest of the subjects.
- For any further information regarding specific qualifications, please contact the Admissions Office on +971 4 6050 122/124/174.
Original certificate for either Emsat (1100); or TOEFL Paper Based (500); or TOEFL CBT (173); or TOEFL IBT (61); or IELTS (5) or PTE Academic (36).
|Application Fee*||Registration Fee*||Tuition Fees (AED)|
|N/A||2,625||76,780 per year|