EAU’s Organisational Performance and Quality Assurance Unit (OPQA) mission is to cultivate a climate of assessment across the University for the purpose of improving programs, student learning and supporting the central mission of the University
The OPQA will:
- Develop and implement EAU’s long-term Strategic plan, communicate and facilitate the plan to all units within EAU.
- Assist with the identification of Key Performance Indicators related to the strategic plan, academic programmes, and academic support units.
- Plan and implement an effective Organisational performance and quality assurance programme by facilitating all aspects related to accreditation, including standards compliance, applications, reviews, and self-evaluation documents.
- Improve the efficiency and performance of educational support services to assure productive processes for both staff and students.
- Improve all academic programmes presently offered by EAU to enhance the quality of graduates and improve the reputation of academic programmes offered by EAU.
- Ensure organised, ongoing processes of quality assessment for all academic and support units in the University as well as students. In this regard, provide assistance to academic and administrative units to define goals, objectives, outcomes, assessment instruments, Key Performance Indicators, and help them to perform the yearly implementation plans.
- Consider the outcomes of the quality assessments in planning, budgeting, decision-making and providing appropriate recommendations to the Vice-Chancellor.
- Serve as the custodian and controller of EAU’s policies and procedures, ensuring that the appropriate policies are developed, disseminated and reviewed periodically.
- Enhance the quality and number of human resources to meet the needs of the University.